L&I Office Assistant Lead
TUMWATER WA 98511
Bring your personable and professional skills and talents to L&I;, the employer of choice. Join our team and work in a positive, goal orientated atmosphere. Your reward at the end of each day is satisfaction of a job well done and knowing you have provided an invaluable service to our fellow citizens of Washington.
We are searching for an Office Assistant Lead for the Insurance Services, Self-Insurance Section, Claims Initiation unit. Our ideal candidate for this position will work closely with our team to ensure the appropriate production and quality levels are being met, through training and coaching of the existing staff. If selected for this position you will be part of a strong collaborative team, working in an open environment which promotes a united atmosphere. Communication and information sharing is vital to accuracy and production. Your ability to use independent judgment, problem solve, mentor and coach others is critical to the team's success.
**Some of what you will do:**
* Initiate claims and answer calls.
* Process time sensitive applications that need to be reopened.
* Collectively deliver services to both internal and external stakeholders.
* Assign and check work of staff that are currently in the training process. Spot check work of trained staff.
* Responsible for duplicate claim identification numbers.
* Order MICON of old claims for claims managers, claim consultants, pension and audit.
* Send Fraud Tips to the employers or their TPA's.
* Act as lead for receptionist and claim initiation staff.
**Who should apply?**
Professionals who are able to type 50 words per minute and have a minimum of 2 years clerical experience including directing the work of others.
**What are we looking for:**
* Proficient use of a computer to look up information and enter data, moving between multiple software applications, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
* Experience answering a multiline telephone system, assisting customers, transferring calls and taking messages.
* Proven ability to provide customer-centered actions/customer service, listening attentively, identifying issues, providing options, resolving complaints etc.
* Excellent customer service skills; ability to communicate with and assist a wide variety of individuals.
* Exceptional ability to coach, mentor, motivate, teach, and lead co-workers.
* Ability to review documents and records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with rules.
* Determine and explain process and rules necessary to achieve compliance or approval.
* Type a minimum of 50 wpm with accounting for errors.
* Strong communicator, approachable, conflict resolution skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
* Work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. May infrequently require working beyond scheduled hours to meet business, customer needs, and to meet critical deadlines.
**In addition to your application, the process requires that you include.**
* Cover letter
* Copy of your on-line **4-minute typing assessment **that meets the 50 wpm qualification. _To see a typing assessment that meets the requirements visit__ and take the 4-minute assessment. Take a screen shot of your result, save, and attach during the on line application process. Please do not send a link._
**Please attach these documents while in the online application process. Consideration will only be given to complete applications.**
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
**To apply, follow the "Apply" link above**
**Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!**
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit:
Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
This position is represented by the **Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE)**. That means that, as a condition of employment, no later than the 30th day following the beginning of your employment, you must pay the **WFSE**either membership dues, a representation fee or, for bona fide religious non-associators an amount equal to dues to be used in a program within the union in harmony with the employee's conscience.
*Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.*
**_The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer_**
**If you have specific questions regarding this position, please contact Trish Lamb at 360.902.5709 or email at****LAMW235@lni.wa.gov****. Please do not contact to inquire about the status of your application.**
*Salary:* $2,425.00 - $3,123.00 Monthly
*Location:* Thurston County - Tumwater, WA
*Job Type:* Full Time - Permanent
*Department:* Dept. of Labor & Industries
*Job Number:* 2018-02395
*Closing:* 3/21/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact