DSHS Secretary Senior
LYNNWOOD WA 98037
Join us in Transforming Lives!
Application review and interviews begin immediately. It's to your advantage to apply now!
Are you organized, work well independently and can prioritize work to meet deadlines? Are you proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs? We need your secretarial experience at the Children's Administration, Division of Children and Family Services office, to assist our efforts to support families and communities in keeping children safe. This job is located in Lynnwood, Washington with infrequent staff support at our sister office in Monroe, Washington.
You will perform complex secretarial duties such as planning, organizing, and prioritizing and evaluating Social Security card status and initiating corrections. You will also monitor FamLink procedures, standards, priorities, deadlines and coordinates operations in FamLink with staff.
**Some of what you'll do**
* Perform complex secretarial duties, planning projects and assignments
* Establishing and revising electronic or manual record keeping systems including database files
* Organize, prepare, review, verify and process fiscal documents
* Develop and implement work unit's statistical case tracking
* Request forms, office supplies and state vehicle maintenance
* Respond to policy, procedure and service inquiries
* Review, screen, verify and evaluate forms or information requests
* Receive material in form of handwritten notes, oral instructions, review drafts and suggest improvement in organization
* Responsible for flow and completion of assignments, exercise specialized knowledge and independent judgment in completion of tasks
* Input and update referral data into FamLink, add or correct data as needed and create a new case record as needed
* Order supplies, equipment, printing and arrange for facility and equipment maintenance and repair contracts and services
* Maintain records of incoming and outgoing correspondence and documents and follows up on work in process
* Other duties as assigned
**What we're looking for**
High School diploma or GED AND two years of increasingly responsible office experience, a valid State of Washington driver's license, the ability to lift 15-30 lbs with/without accommodation.
**The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desired:**
* Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and calendar software such as Microsoft Office
* Experience navigating the internet to find and download information that is relevant to complete the duties of this job
* Ability to effectively communicate in a high stress environment with management, peers, clients and the public
* Ability to navigate current data management information systems, i.e. FamLink
* Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
For questions about this job announcement** (01459), **please contact Sharon Sterling at (360) 725-5861 or via email Sharon.email@example.com.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
*Salary:* $2,425.00 - $3,123.00 Monthly
*Location:* Snohomish County - Lynnwood, WA
*Job Type:* Full Time - Permanent
*Department:* Dept. of Social and Health Services
*Job Number:* 2018-01459
*Closing:* 3/18/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact