Outpatient Clinic Secretary
Whittier Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center
HAVERHILL MA 01830
**Outpatient Clinic Secretary** -_ Part Time
* Provides excellent customer service including problem solving, timely follow up, answering phones and scheduling appointments.
* Answers telephone and all communication methods in a courteous and appropriately efficient manner and relays messages in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Obtains demographic information from referral sources and provides date and time for initial intake appointment.
* Presents new intakes to clinical staff to review for appropriateness for services.
* Collects co-payments from clients and documents them in log.
* Provides secretarial support to outpatient clinical staff, including but not limited to filing, note taking for meetings, copying, and faxing.
* Obtains client eligibility and prior authorizations in a timely fashion.
* Ensures that telephone/communication systems are in working order.
* Reschedules or cancels appointments with clients at the request of clinicians. Also contacts clients for reminders about appointment times.
* Maintains confidentiality in all office, departmental, hospital, clinic, employee, and client related business.
* Applies basic adult/geriatric and psychiatric knowledge and approaches, when interacting with patients and family members.
* Prepares new client charts.
* Maintains and organizes client referral waitlist.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Proficient in computer skills.
* Secretarial experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
* Prior customer service experience.
* Knowledge of office related equipment, particularly, personal computer, with a thorough comprehension of PC work processing and a general understanding of basic database programs, flow charting, and programs utilizing tables.
* Excellent organizational skills. Ability to juggle and prioritize more than one task at a time while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
*Location:* Haverhill, MA - The Whittier Pavilion