Administrative Assistant 3 (Student Success Center and Transfer)
OLYMPIA WA 98507
For the complete job description, visit the following link:
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant 3.
As a member of the Education Services Division, this position provides a variety of complex, responsible and confidential administrative duties in support of the Director, Student Success Center and the Director of Transfer Education.
Headquartered in Olympia, Washington, the administrative assistant will provide assistance to student services staff and maintain supportive relationships with administrative and other SBCTC personnel, college presidents, college staff, legislators, public agencies, stakeholders, and the general public as set forth in the position description below.
* Provide support for the Student Success Center including grant initiatives, guided pathways cohort colleges, and budget monitoring.
* In support of the directors, coordinate office operations, prepare background information in preparation for professional commitments, establish priorities and perform special projects and assignments.
* Serve as liaison between the directors and other staff members, relaying assignments and requesting status information.
* Plan events and retreats in coordination with the Student Success Center and Transfer Education.
* Support the work of the Articulation and Transfer Council (ATC), Baccalaureate Leadership Council (BLC), Joint Transfer Council (JTC), and other system meetings.
* Schedule and attend meetings; prepare agendas, minutes and reports, including conference and web-based meetings.
* Maintain department's website presence with updated and accurate information.
* Schedule and maintain directors' calendar and travel arrangements.
* Process directors' mail, and review, prioritize and coordinate with appropriate staff as necessary. Initiate correspondence to facilitate the needs of the directors and office.
* Compose, prepare and transmit memos, letters, reports, confidential and sensitive materials, and other documents, using appropriate technology tools.
* Track applied baccalaureate degree programs through approval process including documentation for applicable State Board meetings.
* Coordinate space management and authorize equipment repair/replacement.
* Other duties as assigned.
* An associate's degree in business administration support or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Three years of progressively responsible administrative office experience.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks on tight deadlines.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, information sharing tools (such as Google docs), and ability to recommend and learn new technology.
* Experience with WebEx or similar meeting coordination software.
* Non-technical experience updating web pages with a web content management system.
* Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with people of diverse backgrounds.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
* **Letter of formal application** that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement;
* Detailed **résumé** of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications;
* List of at least **three professional references** with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
* **Email**: email@example.com
* **Fax: **360-704-4415
* **Mail**: Pamela Kelly, HRC
SBCTC Human Resource Office
PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
* Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line. Suggested subject line format: Last name, First name - Position Title.
* Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
After you submit your application packet, you will receive a confirmation email and a request to complete and return the following forms:
1. Affirmative Action Profile (voluntary) - Kept separate from your application packet and used to prepare the agency's annual affirmative action report.
2. Employment Reference Release - References are typically contacted after interviews.
**Do not include the Affirmative Action Profile or Employment Reference Release in your application packet.** If you do not receive an email including these forms after you submit your application, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Salary:* $33,336.00 - $43,344.00 Annually
*Location:* Thurston County - Olympia, WA
*Job Type:* Full Time - Permanent
*Department:* State Board for Community & Technical Colleges (SBCTC)
*Job Number:* 2018-02
*Closing:* 1/26/2018 4:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact