DSHS Administrative Assistant 3
LAKEWOOD WA 98439
This is an opportunity for you to utilize your high-level administrative skills providing sole confidential administrative support for the Lakewood Community Services Office Administrator, management team, and staff. You will have daily interaction with the public resolving inquiries and issues. You will provide back up to the office manager as needed. We are about Transforming Lives.
**Some of what you will do:**
* Provide direct support to supervisors and staff, relieving staff of day-to day administrative details
* Serve as a liaison between administrator and staff
* Interact with the public and staff at all levels of the organization to resolve administrative inquiries and issues
* Schedule all logistics for meetings; take notes and transcribe minutes
* Coordinate logistics and materials needed to facilitate meetings, trainings and conferences
* Reconcile payroll journals
* Evaluates and prepares costs and purchasing for office needs
* Manage vehicles along with gas and bus card programs for the division within the region.
* Manage returned warrant documents and process accordingly
* Responds to Region and Headquarter Administrators, community partners, other agencies and constituent complaints
* Responsible for public disclosure and records management
* Issue Electronic Benefit Transaction, gas and bus cards to clients accurately and timely
* Manages Administrator's calendar and appointments
* Composes letters, notifications, confidential and sensitive material
* Screen and prioritizes mail, faxes and email
* Screens calls and visitors
* Participates in mandatory training programs and attends all required meetings
**What we are looking for:**
* Successful independent management of competing priorities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Work cooperatively with others
* Working knowledge of Microsoft office programs
* Experience working in a diverse population including those living below designated poverty level
* Experience working with clients private information
**Who should apply:**
Professionals with a high school graduation or GED and three years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting of general administrative work.
Formal education may substitute for required experience
If you have questions email _Brian Quinn_ and reference 2017-08307
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
*Salary:* $2,778.00 - $3,612.00 Monthly
*Location:* Pierce County - Lakewood, WA
*Job Type:* Full Time - Permanent
*Department:* Dept. of Social and Health Services
*Job Number:* 2017-08307
*Closing:* 10/16/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact