Special Education Administrative Assistant
VANCOUVER WA 98661
Position:** Special Education Secretary**
** **_Washington School for the Deaf campus_
Location:** Vancouver, WA**
This position is responsible for supporting the special education team by maintaining special education records for students enrolled at WSD, creating and submitting reports to the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) as legally required, reviewing completed Evaluation Reports (ER) and Individualized Education Programs (IEP) for legal compliance, and serving as the IEP logistics coordinator for meetings, special education paperwork, and communicating timelines.
This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director and arranges for facilities, equipment, resource materials, and interpreting services for IEP and ER meetings. Duties include maintaining confidential records, supporting the admissions team, taking meeting minutes, and setting up tours.
* Works closely with the special education team to maintain student files and coordinates IEP meetings.
* Communicates regularly with school staff and parents using American Sign Language and written English.
* Provides clerical support and customer service.
* Maintains student information and reports to OSPI.
* Performs other high-level clerical duties as directed by the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director.
* High school degree and two (2) years of broad and increasingly responsible secretarial experience
* Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) and in written English and experience using deaf assistive devices (i.e. videophone)
* Demonstrated experience writing professional letters
* Must have good organizational skills, ability to work independently and as a team member, and ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
* Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to work as a team member & maintain positive relations with staff, students, parents, and the public
* Commitment to providing professional, friendly and responsive customer service
* Demonstrated computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office programs (i.e. excel, outlook)
The candidate selected for this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
This is a year-round permanent position represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) union.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*Salary:* $2,778.00 - $3,612.00 Monthly
*Location:* Clark County - Vancouver, WA
*Job Type:* Full Time - Permanent
*Department:* Center for Childhood Deafness and Hearing Loss
*Job Number:* 2017-08-CDHLSpedSec
*Closing:* 8/17/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact