L&I Administrative Assistant 3
TUMWATER WA 98511
Can you switch gears quickly? Interested in juggling support for our Information Services Managers and their teams? This may be the position for you! We are seeking two administrative professionals looking for a challenge, who are eager to grow and develop their skills in a multifaceted position. Not only will you need to possess tact and diplomacy, you will communicate in a way that effectively expresses ideas and information in an appropriate manner for the target audience. These positions provide opportunities to work with a variety of challenging technical subjects, controversial or sensitive situations, and requires someone that can minimize conflict on the front lines while maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customer groups.
These positions are delegated responsibility and will need to exercise mature independent judgment. Ensures a high level of timeliness, track budget, program expenditures and equipment purchases, balance multiple assignments, adjust their work pace to the urgency of tasks while managing interruptions, and collaborate with the division to coordinate office needs.
This is your opportunity to work in a highly visible, fast pace, fun environment that provides general assistance to our Information Services Division.
**Some of what you will do**
* Provide high-level administration and management support to the Management within the Information Services division. This may include, but not be limited to, calendar and email management, scheduling, making travel arrangements, and drafting correspondence.
* Directly responsible for a high volume of timely and quality customer service with division customers, stakeholders, and program administrative staff.
* Assist with tracking of assignments for other managers. Plan and prioritizes work, maintain tickler system to monitor approach deadlines and project needs. Keeps Managers informed of issues that require immediate attention.
* Track and coordinate status reports to be uploaded and filed to the Office of the Chief Information Office (OCIO) and other internal tracking systems
* Responsible for various and complex projects, such as management support in personnel, data entry of invoices, purchasing, administrative services, program reports, and other varies duties.
* Coordinate meetings, develop agenda and take minutes.
**Who should apply**
3 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Two years' of experience supporting program(s) engaged in a large scale project development and implementation and/or delivery of services.
Ability to key rapidly and accurately.
**What we're looking for**
* Proven skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. SharePoint a plus
* Knowledge of business English and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing within a diverse professional environment.
* Ability to prepared documents and reports under strict deadlines.
* Proven ability to manage confidential business matters, internal communications, and files.
* A self-starter able to work independently, determining actions needed with minimal or no guidance.
* Ability to build and maintain strong relationships within Information Services and other divisions.
* Highly motivated, detail oriented, organized, with excellent follow-up skills.
* Exceptional coordination skills, ability to share information, arrange for services or other assistance, and implement solutions to problems and complaints.
* Critical thinker with demonstrated observation skills, and an acute attention to detail. Ability to review and analyze information for use in preparation of correspondence, reports and other assigned tasks.
**Consideration will be given to complete applications with attached __resume__ and __Letter of Interest__.** **Your Letter of Interest will concisely describe how you have "What We're Looking For" outlined above.
*If you have any questions regarding this announcement, position, or agency please contact: Christine Dominguez at 360-902-5241 or email at: email@example.com. ***
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
**To apply, follow the "Apply" link above**
**Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!**
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit:
Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
This position is represented by the **Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE)**. That means that, as a condition of employment, no later than the 30th day following the beginning of your employment, you must pay the **WFSE**either membership dues, a representation fee or, for bona fide religious non-associators an amount equal to dues to be used in a program within the union in harmony with the employee's conscience.
*Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.*
**_The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer_**
*Salary:* $2,778.00 - $3,612.00 Monthly
*Location:* Thurston County - Tumwater, WA
*Job Type:* Full Time - Permanent
*Department:* Dept. of Labor & Industries
*Job Number:* 2017-06609
*Closing:* 8/24/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact