L&I Office Assistant 3, Specialty Index Operator
TUMWATER WA 98511
**Open to L&I; employees only**
As the Office Assistant 3, Specialty Index Operator, you will be one of the primary contacts for internal and external customers for Imaging Scan/Index. You will be responsible for the timely processing of documents that arrive in the department with no clear claim number, fulfilling customer requests for document corrections, and providing feedback to supervisory staff regarding errors made by Imaging staff members.
**Some of what you will do:**
* Research documents that arrive in the department without a valid claim number using LINIIS, ORION/IDM, and other methods.
* Make follow up phone calls to agency staff, law offices, medical, employer, and vocational provider and/or customer contact to make final decision based on research.
* Monitor Document Correction Line to respond to external customer document action requests.
* Electronically validate re-index and document manipulation requests from agency staff.
* Notify Quality Assurance Trainers and supervisory team to report inconsistencies and noticeable trends in document errors.
* Assist with regular production indexing, pre-scanning, and scanning when necessary.
**Who should apply**
L&I; employees with 6 months' recent experience in Imaging, Support Services
**What we are looking for:**
* Highly motivated individuals interested in working in a high production environment.
* Able to adapt to change and changing priorities.
* Demonstrated work ethic; arrive at work on time and have a consistent attendance record.
* Able to sit and work using a computer and familiar with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, LINIIS, Kofax, ORION/IDM and high-speed scanners.
* Check and respond to emails and phone messages in a timely manner.
* Enjoy working in a team environment that is inclusive.
* Demonstrated dependability and accountability.
* Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
* Proven customer service skills.
**Consideration will be given to complete applications with attached Letter of Interest.** **Your Letter of Interest will concisely describe how you have "What we're looking for" outlined above.**
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
**To apply, follow the "Apply" link above**
**Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!**
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit:
Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
This position is represented by the **Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE)**. That means that, as a condition of employment, no later than the 30th day following the beginning of your employment, you must pay the **WFSE **either membership dues, a representation fee or, for bona fide religious non-associators an amount equal to dues to be used in a program within the union in harmony with the employee's conscience.
*Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.*
**_The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer_**
*Salary:* $2,313.00 - $2,984.00 Monthly
*Location:* Thurston County - Tumwater, WA
*Job Type:* Agency Internal - Permanent
*Department:* Dept. of Labor & Industries
*Job Number:* 2017-07320
*Closing:* 8/16/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact